The rule of thumb when you are buying anything expensive is to “get three quotes and check references.” If you are planning to build a house on your own lot, you probably want to go one step further and make a checklist:
- How long has the builder been in business?
- Is the builder financially stable? If the builder requests excessive deposits up front, that could be a red flag.
- Does the builder have good relationships with financial institutions?
- Is the builder in good standing with State and Local Home Builders Associations?
- Is the builder licensed?
- Do you find good testimonials from customers and local realtors?
- Does the builder offer a good warranty?
All State Homes has been building high quality single family homes since 1955. The workmanship of the homes earned All State Homes the Builders Achievement Award from 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty.
Contact All State Homes today for a list of lenders, memberships, and references. All State Homes has an excellent reputation and can help you through the process of building a house on your own lot, from checklist to certificate of occupancy.